Most Common Tests in Chemical Analysis
Most Common Tests in Chemical Analysis
May 18,2022 | Blog
CHEMICAL ANALYSIS WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: INSIDE AND OUT
Catest specialises in metal chemical analysis and has an analytical chemistry lab for testing elements. Our chemical analysis professionals are fully qualified to evaluate samples for a wide range of industries, following ASTM standards and other procedures.
ARRAY OF CHEMICAL ANALYSIS SERVICES
• 13C NMR spectroscopy
• 1H NMR spectroscopy
• AdBlue testing according to ISO 22241:2019
• Biobased carbon content of paint (based on TOC)
• BPSG analysis – 200 mm wafers
• CH4, CO2, O2, N2, H2, + C2–C5 alkanes from biogas or natural gas
• Chemical oxygen demand (COD) of pulp process liquids
• Chloride from solid matrices, water soluble, one step batch extraction
• CHN analysis of organic materials
• CHNO analysis of organic materials
• CHNOS analysis of organic materials
• CHNS analysis of organic materials
• Elastomer composition of rubber blends with FTIR and H-NMR
• Fatty acids and resin acids from water
• Fluoride content from solid fuels
• Fluoride from solid matrices, water soluble, one step batch extraction
• Fluorine content of combustible organic materials
• Fosetyl-Al and phosphonic acid from soil
• GC-MS screening analysis
• Identification of chemical functionalities with Raman spectroscopy from aqueous solution samples
• Identification of chemical groups with FTIR from aqueous solution samples
• Identification of chemical groups with FTIR from solid samples
• PAH analysis from asphalt
• PAH analysis from asphalt (EXPRESS)
• Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) analysis from materials
• Purity assay for solvent sample (GC-FID and Karl Fischer)
• Recovery test for pure concrete or pure brick (843/2017)
• Resin acids from water
• Seaweed carbohydrate analysis
• Siloxanes from biogas or natural gas
• Sodium chlorate (NaClO3) from water based liquid sample (computational)
• Sodium chlorate (NaClO3), chlorate (ClO3) and chlorite (ClO2) from water based liquid sample (computational)
• Total chlorine from solid samples
• Total fluorine from solid samples
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE noble metal analysis, 100 mm sample
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE noble metal analysis, 150 mm sample
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE noble metal analysis, 200 mm sample
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE noble metal analysis, 300 mm sample
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE standard metal analysis, 100 mm samples
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE standard metal analysis, 150 mm sample
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE standard metal analysis, 200 mm samples
• VPD-ICP-MS LIKE standard metal analysis, 300 mm samples
• VPD-ICP-MS noble metal analysis, 100 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS noble metal analysis, 150 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS noble metal analysis, 200 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS noble metal analysis, 300 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS standard metal analysis, 100 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS standard metal analysis, 150 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS standard metal analysis, 200 mm wafer
• VPD-ICP-MS standard metal analysis, 300 mm wafer
The following samples can be analyzed in the lab:
▪️Polymers / Plastics
Our chemical analysis services, both routine and investigative, can help with material selection, material verification, failure analysis study, and more.
Chemical Composition Analysis
Our chemical composition analysis employs a variety of techniques to determine chemical quality, identity, composition, and impurities
Chemical Trace Analysis
The examination of chemical traces is frequently difficult but even for complicated sample matrices, our trace chemical testing services cover trace metals analysis and organic compound detection. Analysing, detecting, and identifying residues are all part of chemical residue testing, and are used to solve industry challenges. We also conduct Extractable and Leachable (E&L) investigations to determine the amount of potentially leachable contaminants.
Detecting Contamination and Analysis
Chemical contamination necessitates a quick response. To promptly identify and resolve contamination issues, Intertek employs modern laboratory instrumentation.
Materials Testing and Analysis
We provide specialist testing for a wide range of materials, including polymers, plastics, metals, ceramics, and paper.
Chemical Analysis of Metal Alloys
To identify and quantify the elemental makeup of a metal alloy, our experts use a variety of approaches ranging from semi-quantitative to fully quantitative procedures. For manufacturing quality control, reverse engineering, and failure investigations, we use chemical analysis of metals
Chemicals Regulatory Compliance Testing
To guarantee that products comply with standards such as REACH and other global chemical notification requirements, as well as ROHS, a comprehensive range of chemical analysis capabilities are available.
Chemical Testing Applications and Problem Solving
▪️Deformulation of Products – provide particular information on product ingredients.
▪️Determine the source of discolorations, stains, and corrosion deposits using residue analysis.
▪️Analysis and Detection of Defects
▪️Lots of Materials Comparison of Good vs. Bad
▪️Failure Analysis – Investigate the causes of metal and polymer failures.
▪️Method Development entails the creation of new approaches for resolving client issues.
▪️Regulatory Compliance — assisting you in meeting all regulatory requirements.
▪️Support for Litigation – assisting in the successful resolution of disputes.
▪️Advisory services for laboratory, analytical, testing, and regulatory difficulties are provided by Analytical and Technical Consulting Services.
Our world-class laboratories and scientists can assist your particular chemical testing and analysis requirements, and comply with regulatory and safety regulations, by teaming with Catest
How Can Catest Help You?
Chemical testing on a wide range is accredited by Catest, including:
▪️Textiles and fabrics
▪️Electrical and electronic items
▪️Garments and apparel
Certified Test Reports
Our chemical testing standards give you a certification that your products fulfil international quality and safety standards.
Need a Quote
Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll help you choose the appropriate approach among the chemical analysis options available. Get a quote now